Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 904-590-2689
Green Cards

Jacksonville Green Card Lawyer

Helping Clients in Florida & Georgia Become Lawful Permanent Residents

If you or someone you love are seeking a green card, turn to the Law Office of Karen Winston, LLC. Since 2014, we have supported and advocated for countless clients as they navigated all kinds of legal immigration challenges, including becoming a lawful permanent resident (getting a green card). Let us know how we can help you in a consultation. We can conduct these initial meetings in person or virtually, so starting with our Jacksonville green card lawyers is convenient. We can assist clients in Spanish and Haitian Creole. 

Call (904) 590-2689 or reach out online to schedule a consultation. 

What Is a Green Card?

A green card is a legal document that proves you are a lawful permanent resident of the US. The document itself is a card that fits in your wallet. With a green card, you can legally work and live in the US, become eligible for government benefits, and eventually seek citizenship.

Methods for Obtaining a Green Card

Various options for obtaining a green card are available. Some of the most common include family sponsorship, employment-based visas, asylum, and humanitarian programs.

We explore these options below:

  • Family sponsorship: If you are a US citizen, you can help your qualifying spouse, children, parents, and siblings obtain a green card through sponsorship.
  • Employment-based visas: Should you get a job offer from a US company, you may be able to get a green card by way of a business visa. Similarly, you can secure a green card if you make qualifying investments in US businesses.
  • Asylum: You can apply for a green card one year after being granted asylum in the US.
  • Humanitarian programs: The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) may allow you to seek a green card if a US citizen or lawful permanent resident abuses you. U and T visas also provide pathways for lawful permanent residency.

Conditional Green Cards 

If you marry a US citizen, you may get a conditional green card that is valid for two years. Before your conditional card expires, you must apply to remove its conditions. The same is true if you have a conditional green card through an EB-5 investment visa. 

What Sets Us Apart

Ethical and Trusted Representation
  • High Success Rate

    Over almost 15 years of service, Karen Winston has an impressive record of keeping families together.

  • Reputation for Excellence

    As an attorney and former law professor, Karen Winston is well-respected before USCIS, courts, and judges.

  • Immigration Is All We Do

    We focus exclusively on Immigration services and are fully prepared for whatever your case may need.

  • Trustworthy Representation

    Our dedicated team truly cares about each client, and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.

Can You Become a Citizen with a Green Card?

In general, yes. However, when you can apply to become a citizen depends on how you obtained your green card and for how long you have had it. Special provisions exist if you got your green card through marriage or served in the US military. For example, you may apply for citizenship three years after you received a green card through marriage. 

Should you have gotten your green card under no special circumstances, you can apply for citizenship after five years. 

What Our Jacksonville Green Card Lawyers Can Offer You 

Although you do not have to work with an attorney to get a green card, hiring one can be highly beneficial. Lawyers like ours at the Law Office of Karen Winston can assist you with all aspects of applying for a green card and overcoming legal challenges. 

Continue Reading Read Less

Get Started

Schedule A Consultation

We can serve you in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. Contact us today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy