Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 904-590-2689
Humanitarian Visas

Humanitarian Visa Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL

Assistance with U & T Visas & VAWA Self-Petitions in Florida & Georgia

The United States has made various visas and paths to lawful permanent residency available to survivors of abuse and human trafficking and those with information that is useful in criminal investigations. If you are interested in exploring these options, reach out to the Law Office of Karen Winston, LLC

We are a compassionate firm that has supported thousands of clients and helped them overcome immigration law challenges. Trust us for honest advice and fierce advocacy as you pursue immigration benefits. Discuss your situation in a consultation with one of our Jacksonville humanitarian visa lawyers. 

Call (904) 590-2689 today or reach out online.

What to Know About U Visas

A U visa may be available if you are a survivor of a crime like domestic violence or could be useful in a criminal investigation or prosecution. In both circumstances, you must be admissible to the US under immigration law or qualify for a waiver of inadmissibility

U visas are good for four years. You can apply for adjustment of status after three years of holding the visa and continually living in the US. With a U visa, your family members may also be eligible to receive a derivative visa. 

Continue Reading Read Less

What Sets Us Apart

Ethical and Trusted Representation
  • High Success Rate

    Over almost 15 years of service, Karen Winston has an impressive record of keeping families together.

  • Reputation for Excellence

    As an attorney and former law professor, Karen Winston is well-respected before USCIS, courts, and judges.

  • Immigration Is All We Do

    We focus exclusively on Immigration services and are fully prepared for whatever your case may need.

  • Trustworthy Representation

    Our dedicated team truly cares about each client, and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.

The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA): A Relief Option for Survivors of Abuse

Should you experience abuse from a US citizen or lawful permanent resident, the VAWA allows you to petition for lawful permanent resident status, receive employment authorization, and access public benefits. This law aims to help domestic abuse survivors escape violence and live safe, independent lives. Under the VAWA, your abusive spouse, parent, or adult child does not need to cooperate with your petition. 

Who Can Make a VAWA Self-Petition?

You can make a VAWA self-petition if you are the spouse, ex-spouse, or child of a US citizen or lawful permanent who has abused you. 

You may also file a self-petition if you are the parent of:

Continue Reading Read Less

Get Started

Schedule A Consultation

We can serve you in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. Contact us today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy