Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 904-590-2689
Marriage And Fiance Visas

Marriage & Fiancé Visas Attorney in Jacksonville, FL

One of the most important things we do at the Law Office of Karen Winston, LLC, is reunite families by helping them obtain visas. If you want to secure a visa for a family member or loved one in the US or abroad, contact us. For over a decade, we have served clients in situations just like yours. Our Jacksonville marriage and fiancé visa lawyers would gladly offer support and guidance. Let us know how we can assist you in a consultation. We serve clients throughout Florida and Georgia, and our staff can accommodate the needs of Spanish and Haitian Creole speakers. 

Start with us by calling (904) 590-2689 or messaging us online

Important Information About Marriage & Fiancé Visas 

Multiple options are available for US citizens to petition for their spouses, fiancés, and other family members to receive a visa. Below, we offer details about the different types of marriage and fiancé visas. 

Marriage Visas

There are three types of marriage visas: the CR-1, IR-1, and K-3 visas. The CR-1 and IR-1 visas are similar in that they are eligible for individuals married to US citizens. 

CR-1 visas are available if you and your non-citizen spouse have been married for fewer than two years. With this visa, your spouse must live in the US for two years to become a lawful permanent resident. 

IR-1 visas are available if you and your non-citizen spouse have been married for over two years. By obtaining this visa, your spouse can immediately apply for lawful permanent resident status. 

If you are a US citizen who has legally married outside of the US, you may be able to get a K-3 visa for your spouse. This type of visa is good for two years and allows you to seek visas for children who are not citizens. 

Continue Reading Read Less

What Sets Us Apart

Ethical and Trusted Representation
  • High Success Rate

    Over almost 15 years of service, Karen Winston has an impressive record of keeping families together.

  • Reputation for Excellence

    As an attorney and former law professor, Karen Winston is well-respected before USCIS, courts, and judges.

  • Immigration Is All We Do

    We focus exclusively on Immigration services and are fully prepared for whatever your case may need.

  • Trustworthy Representation

    Our dedicated team truly cares about each client, and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards.

How Long Does It Take to Get a Marriage or Fiancé Visa?

It often takes months or even years to get a marriage or fiancé visa. The timeline will vary depending on the number of applications US immigration agencies are processing. It could also be extended if your application has any errors. 

Trust Our Firm to Help Unite Your Family 

Obtaining a marriage or fiancé is difficult. It requires providing extensive evidence, avoiding pitfalls, and adhering to strict deadlines. You may even have to handle appealing a visa denial. These complex processes make working with an experienced lawyer highly advantageous. Our Jacksonville marriage and fiancé visa attorneys are prepared to help you overcome any challenge. Contact the Law Office of Karen Winston to discuss your situation and what we can offer. 

Call (904) 590-2689 today or submit our online contact form

Continue Reading Read Less

Get Started

Schedule A Consultation

We can serve you in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. Contact us today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy