Under VAWA, noncitizen victims of domestic violence may “self-petition” for U.S. residence without the cooperation of an abusive spouse. Victims may also self-petition if they are divorced as long as the marriage to the abusive spouse was terminated within two years of filing the petition. An approved VAWA self-petition provides the applicant with work authorization, […]

Read More