Marriage & Fiance Visas

One of the most important things we do at the Law Office of Karen Winston is re-unite families through immigration. Whether you want to petition for a family member here in the United States or a loved one overseas, we will advise and guide you through each step of the process.

 Normally, a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (“green card” holder) files an familyimmigration petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services (USCIS). This U.S. Citizen or permanent resident is called the “sponsor” and the alien relative for whom the immigration petition is filed is called the “beneficiary.” If you are a U.S. citizen, you may file an immigrant petition for a parent, spouse, sibling, adult child (married or unmarried) and minor child. As a U.S. citizen, you may also petition for a fiancé who is residing outside of the U.S. As a lawful permanent resident, the family members you may petition for are limited to your spouse, adult unmarried child, and minor child.